Bovine Transferrin APO and HOLO
Bovine Transferrin Holo as an essential growth nutrient ideal for all media formulations. It’s also an integral component of serum-free or serum-reduced media.
- A source of bioavailable iron, an essential growth nutrient within mammalian cell culture without iron toxicity
- Used in mammalian cell culture media for the production of antibodies, antigens, stem cells, and vaccines
- Integral component of serum-free or serum-reduced media
- Used in a wide variety of cell lines including Myeloma (NSO, Sp20), Hybridoma, HEK293, and MDCK.
- Pure. Our bovine transferrin is supplied as a high purity (>95% total protein) reddish/brown color powder with a bioburden level ≤ 1 CFU/g
- Large batch sizes. The result is significantly better lot-to-lot consistency, so you are assured a high-performing, superior product
- Compliant. The final product is tested according to FDA CFR approved testing protocols
- Bovine Transferrin is provided as a powder in multiple package sizes; contact us for more information
- Storage conditions: 2 – 8° C
RMBIO develops bovine transferrin from pooled adult bovine serum. We safely source our serum from US-based raw materials. We can also provide bovine transferrin sourced from GBR Level 1 origin (Australia and New Zealand). After collecting the raw materials, we process and purify the final product using RMBIO’s validated chromatography extraction process at our state-of-the-art facility. The final Bovine Transferrin is aseptically bottled with a 0.2 µ filter.
Bovine transferrin is important in cell growth as it fosters oxygen uptake in cells and helps generate growth-related enzyme activity. Our bovine transferrin is a blood plasma iron (Fe3+) binding glycoprotein. This highly purified protein is useful as a cell culture supplement in almost any media formulation, and it’s a vital part of serum-free and serum-reduced media.
Safe Sourced and Enhanced Manufacturing Processes
Bovine Transferrin APO and HOLO specific product test requirements and typical values are given below:
|Appearance||Orange to brown powder|
|Solubility||Clear orange solution at 50 mg/ml in water|
|Protein by biuret||≥ 95.0%|
|Iron Content||≥ 0.1%|
|Agarose Electrophoresis||97 to 100%|
|Endotoxin Assay||≤ 30 EU/mg|
|Cell Culture Test||Pass|
Order today and you will receive your Bovine Transferrin APO and HOLO on the next business day.