Adding Lipogro® to your cell culture media may decrease your costs by reducing the amount of FBS while boosting cell growth and productivity.
Bovine Transferrin APO and HOLO
Bovine Transferrin Holo as an essential growth nutrient ideal for all media formulations. It’s also an integral component of serum-free or serum-reduced media.
- A source of bioavailable iron, an essential growth nutrient within mammalian cell culture without iron toxicity
- Used in mammalian cell culture media for the production of antibodies, antigens, stem cells, and vaccines
- Integral component of serum-free or serum-reduced media
- Used in a wide variety of cell lines including Myeloma (NSO, Sp20), Hybridoma, HEK293, and MDCK.
- Pure. Our bovine transferrin is supplied as a high purity (>95% total protein) reddish/brown color powder with a bioburden level ≤ 1 CFU/g
- Large batch sizes. The result is significantly better lot-to-lot consistency, so you are assured a high-performing, superior product
- Compliant. The final product is tested according to FDA CFR approved testing protocols
- Bovine Transferrin is provided as a powder in multiple package sizes; contact us for more information
- Storage conditions: 2 – 8° C
RMBIO develops bovine transferrin from pooled adult bovine serum. We safely source our serum from US-based raw materials. We can also provide bovine transferrin sourced from GBR Level 1 origin (Australia and New Zealand). After collecting the raw materials, we process and purify the final product using RMBIO’s validated chromatography extraction process at our state-of-the-art facility. The final Bovine Transferrin is aseptically bottled with a 0.2 µ filter.
Bovine transferrin is important in cell growth as it fosters oxygen uptake in cells and helps generate growth-related enzyme activity. Our bovine transferrin is a blood plasma iron (Fe3+) binding glycoprotein. This highly purified protein is useful as a cell culture supplement in almost any media formulation, and it’s a vital part of serum-free and serum-reduced media.
Safe Sourced and Enhanced Manufacturing Processes
Bovine Transferrin APO and HOLO specific product test requirements and typical values are given below:
|Appearance||Orange to brown powder|
|Solubility||Clear orange solution at 50 mg/ml in water|
|Protein by biuret||≥ 95.0%|
|Iron Content||≥ 0.1%|
|Agarose Electrophoresis||97 to 100%|
|Endotoxin Assay||≤ 30 EU/mg|
|Cell Culture Test||Pass|
Order today and you will receive your Bovine Transferrin APO and HOLO on the next business day.